H.O.W.D.Y. Music Forum Index H.O.W.D.Y. Music
Supporting Independent Artists

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tha matter of sampling:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    H.O.W.D.Y. Music Forum Index -> Project Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FleshCarve
Feeler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 7:55 am    Post subject: Tha matter of sampling: Reply with quote

I know that TJK sampled from Akira (among other things) pretty heavily for one track, and i'm sure that others have sampled around as well...

Could this be a problem?

You are FLESH.
Exit
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sure can be, but then again, when I talked to KOMPRESSOR about doing a cover of Shiney Happy People, he got the rights to do so. The lawyer/representative for R.E.M. reviewed the CD and determined that they get 10 cents per CD produced. Since he made only 250 or so, he paid them 25 dollars and was done with it.

Something to think about, actually clearing your samples. Most CD manufacturers want to see that you have rights to use any samples. I'm not sure if they will refuse to make CDs on this basis or not. If anyone knows more information on this, speak up please!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
FleshCarve
Feeler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the Akira samples are pretty obscure. However, that tune also samples radio broadcasts and talk shows and so on... i don't know if that become public domain, or what...

You are FLESH.
gobeirne
Feeler

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah.. I was worried a bit about sampling - I haven't got the time at the moment to sort out permissions etc., so I pulled one of the songs I submitted and swapped it for another.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    H.O.W.D.Y. Music Forum Index -> Project Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: